Mission to Seafarers Christmas Shoebox Programme
Hundreds of thousands of seafarers visit Halifax each year. For those away from home at Christmas, churches in the Metro area put together shoe boxes which are filled with warm mitts, gloves, hats, scarves, personal toiletries, writing pads and pens, candies and treats, etc. The boxes with these items are then delivered to the Halifax Mission for Seafarers ministry, which distributes them to seafarers in port over the Christmas season.
Christmas Family Outreach:
Every year St. George’s assists families at Christmas by providing a Christmas hamper. Want to help? There are several ways you can be involved in this outreach effort.
- You can provide financial support by placing a donation on the collection plate, clearly labeled “Christmas Outreach”. This money is used to purchase items for the hampers.
- You might like to donate a turkey, new (with tags) childrens’ clothing, new toys, or diapers.
- Consider sponsoring a family through your workplace or personally – $300 covers the cost of everything for a family with several children.
- Come to help on Saturday, Dec 19th, 2015, to help with wrapping gifts and packing hampers.
- Join us with your car during the afternoon of the wrapping and packing day to help with delivery.
To volunteer, donate, or register your family, contact Kim about Christmas Outreach for Families using the contact form below.